Dr.-Ing. Tassilo Moritz
For the use of the data exchange server there are the following possibilities:
1. On-line access
(Secure login - SSL, Password required)
2. Access as a network resource:
WebDAV stands for "Web-based Distributed Authoring and Versioning". It is a set of extensions to the HTTP protocol which allows users to collaboratively edit and manage files on remote Web servers, i.e., some of the BSCW features (e.g., document upload to a BSCW server or renaming of a document on a BSCW server) are also supported by the WebDAV protocol.
BSCW supports (a subset of) the WebDAV protocol. This means that some of the BSCW operations which are available via a Web browser and through the HTML interface of BSCW, are now also available via WebDAV clients
- Select "My Network Places" (either from your desktop or within Windows Explorer).
- Select "Add Network Place".
- Enter the URL of the BSCW home folder.
- You will then be prompted for your BSCW user name and password.
- Click "Finnish".
You may then browse with Windows Explorer through your BSCW workspaces in the same way in which you browse through the file system on your local computer. You may also "drag and drop" files from your local file system to BSCW folders or vice versa. When clicking the right mouse button, you may carry out several actions such as deleting or renaming an object.
Linux (9.1 or higher):
- right mouse key on KDE surface
- new create - file - link with address (URL)
- address "webdav://www.hochleistungskeramik.fraunhofer.de/bscw/bscw.cgi"
It is also possible to open this link about the Konqueror directly.